Powered anodes, also known as impressed current anode systems, replace the function of a sacrificial anode by introducing electricity into the water heater via a titanium-clad electrode that protects the steel. This next generation of anode provides consistent protection that extends the life of your water heater tank. Since no chemicals are added to the water as with sacrificial anodes, powered anodes will not create smelly water or aluminum hydroxide.
Learn more about the Product Preservers® Powered Anode System.
*Protection is maintained as long as the control module remains connected to a power source.
- Patented adaptive technology quickly adjusts to the local water conditions.
- Continual responsive protection.*
- Eliminates smelly water issues caused by sacrificial magnesium anodes.
- Protects for years; no maintenance required.
- Great for softened water applications.